Residential roofers in Denver Colorado are increasingly pushing their clients to consider metal roofing. Why? Metal has a number of advantages over shingles or tiles.
- Durability: Metal roofs last in terms of strength and appearance. Over time, a painted metal roof can maintain up to 95% of its original reflectance and emittance.
- Eco-Friendly: Recycling is the name of the game when it comes to metal roofs. Most contain at least 25% recycled content to begin with, and by the time you’re done with them, they’re still 100% recyclable thereafter.
- Impact Resistant: An impact resistant roof in Denver is a necessity for protection from hail. Strong material won’t ding, even under the worst of storms.
- Fire Resistant: It’s hard to set metal on fire! Metal has the highest fireproof rating of any roof material.
- Energy Savings: A reflective metal surface will keep your home’s interior cool in the summer months, saving you money on air conditioning bills.
- High Pitch: Metal roofs can be installed even on steep-angled roofs. In the winter, this can help snow slide off easily.
With all of these advantages, why aren’t residential roofers in Denver constantly forcing their clients into metal roofing? There are some disadvantages, too.
The final factor you may want to consider when choosing between metal or tiles is the appearance. In this case, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some like the old-world look of shingles and tiles while others like the modern sheen of metal.
Whatever you choose aesthetically, always be sure to choose a material that’s appropriate for your regional climate and weather conditions. Residential roofers in Denver CO know the ropes when it comes to impact- and weather-resistant options for the modern Colorado home. Talk with an expert today to see how metal’s pros and cons measure out for you.